Financial aid requests should be submitted before May 15, 2018 to ensure an aid award is posted to FACTS prior to the first tuition payment date. Please remember to use your most recent tax return information (calendar year 2017) when completing the aid application.
Prince Avenue Christian School (PACS) provides financial aid to families based on need, which is computed by a mathematical formula utilizing the FACTS system. The funding is a combination of resources taken from the school’s operating budget and the Georgia Private School Tuition Tax Credit Program (a re-allocation of state tax dollars awarded to PACS by families that contribute to the program). Families who want to request financial aid must do so, annually, by completing one financial aid application per family.
The following criteria must be satisfied in order to be considered for financial aid tuition assistance:
- Demonstrate the need for financial aid by completing a financial aid application and by supplying all required documentation - PACS utilizes the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service to facilitate the application and verification process. FACTS uses a mathematical formula to evaluate a family’s household income and expenses. This service calculates an estimated need which is then compared against the need from other families who are also requesting aid to arrive at an equitable distribution of available funds. Instructions for submitting an application for FACTS Grant & Aid is covered in further detail in the next section.
- Enrolled for the upcoming school year - To be considered for financial aid a student must be a returning PACS student in good standing from the previous year OR a student who has successfully completed all steps in the application process and has been formally accepted to PACS for the upcoming year.
- FACTS account current - To be considered for financial aid, families with delinquent FACTS balances (those with overdue balances of 45 days or greater) will NOT be considered for financial aid until the account is paid in full.
- No Pre-K financial aid is available - Financial aid is not offered for students at the pre-kindergarten level
How to Apply for Financial Aid
All steps must be completed to be eligible for financial aid consideration)
The financial aid application for the 2018-19 school year is available now. Since your most recent income tax documents are required, please complete your 2017 federal income tax documents prior to beginning your financial aid application.
- Complete and submit the FACTS Financial Aid application by clicking HERE.
- There is a one-time non-refundable fee of $30.00 per family to submit a financial aid application. This can be paid by any major credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover). This fee covers the cost of the manual review that a FACTS employee will perform to certify that the documents you submit in support of your application match the stated amounts.
- Send copies of required supporting documents to FACTS either by fax 1(866)315-9264 or by US Mail to:
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Note: Depending on your application, some or all of the following documents may be required:
- Copy of 2017 IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040-EZ Individual Income Tax Return
- 2017 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
- Copies of supporting tax schedules (see specific list within the application)
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household non-taxable income such as Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Financial Aid Deadlines and Notifications
- Financial aid requests should be submitted before May 15, 2018 to ensure an aid award is posted to FACTS prior to the first tuition payment date. Incomplete applications or applications for those not meeting the stated criteria will not be considered. Aid applications received after this date will be considered as they are received.
Frequently Asked Questions
What/Who is FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment?
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment is an independent, third party company that conducts financial analysis to determine your family's financial need. PACS will receive a confidential report outlining your financial situation based on the information obtained in your application and supporting tax documents.
I received financial aid in a previous year, do I need to apply again?
Yes. Financial aid awards are made for only one school year at a time and a new financial aid application is required each year that you wish to be considered.
Is my financial aid application confidential?
Yes. All information submitted during the financial aid process (including the names of applicants) is considered highly confidential and is only distributed to the select individuals on the Financial Aid Committee.
Are there any notable differences between receiving a financial aid award from the school’s operating budget funds versus the Georgia tuition tax credit program?
The only difference between the two awards is that a parent’s signature is required on tuition awards from the Georgia tuition tax credit program. Parents will be contacted and asked to visit the school office to sign the check once it arrives at the school.
If I do not have all of the necessary information to complete the application online,will I have to start over?
No. As you complete the online application, there will be a "Save and Continue" button at the end of each section. If you are unable to complete the entire application, you can select the "Finish Later" button and continue your application at a later time.
I received an award notification, but my circumstances have changed and my family no longer needs this support. Can my financial aid be returned?
Yes. The financial aid process spans several months and circumstances may change that alter your need for aid. If your family no longer needs awarded aid, please contact the PACS business office.
Why do I have to provide all of this personal and confidential information?
In order to provide PACS with an accurate assessment, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment must verify an applicant’s expenses and household income. This assures that accurate information is provided to PACS so that equitable aid awards can be made.
What happens if I do not provide all of this information?
Failure to provide all of the necessary information needed to complete the application process may result in your family not receiving financial aid.
What if I need to make changes to my application?
If you have submitted your application, you may log on to the FACTS Grant & Aid website with your username and password to access your application and make corrections or changes. PACS will be notified of changes to your application from the original submission.
How can I check the status of my application?
Once you have completed the online application, you will be able to log on to the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment website with a username and password to check the status of your application. The username and password will be created by you the first time that you log on. If you have misplaced your username and password, you will need to contact a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment team member at 866-441-4637 or e-mail FACTS at email@example.com.
Will FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment send me a copy of my assessment?
No. The assessment of your application will only be sent to PACS. Information sent to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to complete your assessment, such as your 1040 tax form or W-2, will not be returned to you
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT GEORGIA’S PRIVATE SCHOOL TAX CREDIT PROGRAM
As previously mentioned, PACS is able to allocate financial aid from two sources: the operating budget and the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program. This latter resource is funded by parents, grandparents, and friends of PACS who elect to redirect a portion of their yearly tax credits (a portion of their Georgia State taxes) to the school. Funding this program increases the availability of financial aid, and you are encouraged to participate and share this opportunity with others who would like to assist our school. The following links provide you with additional information on how to participate in this program.
Watch the Video
Visit the Website