Homecoming at Prince Avenue Christian School is an event that students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni can all enjoy! Spirit Week provides a number of fun activities designed to unify all Wolverines, and it is always fun to catch up with our graduates when they return to campus for the football game tailgate.
Alumni Tailgate: Friday, October 13th
Brad Akins Field
6:30 pm Under the tent in the "End Zone"
There will be food and fun for your entire family. Homecoming Football Tickets are free for all alumni and one guest. There will be an alumni check-in table at the home gate. Please tell the gate attendant the year you graduated for admittance. All other tickets may be purchased at the stadium for $7 per person.
Homecoming 2017: Spirit Week
Prince Avenue Christian School's 2017 Homecoming will be celebrated on Friday, October 13th, with Spirit Week leading up to the varsity football game against Hebron. All students are invited to participate in the Spirit Week dress up days. Middle and high school students will also compete in banner, hall decoration and spirit cheer/skit competitions.
This year’s theme is …VERSUS
1. against (used especially to indicate an action brought by one party against another in a court of law, or to denote competing teams or players in a sports contest): Smith versus Jones; Prince versus Hebron; Army versus Navy.
2. as compared to or as one of two choices; in contrast with: traveling by plane versus traveling by train; being on the WINNING Prince team versus being on the losing Hebron team
Abbreviation: v., vs.
Dress Up Themes:
Monday - Fall Break - No School
Tuesday - Nerd vs. Jock
Wear your best mathlete or athlete attire!
Suspenders, letter jackets, pocket protectors, basketball uniform…
It’s Prince Avenue so… it’s cool to be cool & cool to be un-cool!
Wednesday - Country vs. Rocker
Be your best country singer or rock it in your best Rock & Roll wear!
Anything from cowboy boots & hats to classic bands from the 50’s to the 80’s…
Prince Avenue ~ “we’re a little bit county and a little bit rock & roll!”
Thursday - Summer vs. Winter
Cold or hot? Headed to balmy Hawaii or the frigid cold weather of the Alps… calling all Wolverines to celebrate your favorite season.
Whether your Wolverine is HOT, HOT, HOT or CHILLY & COLD… celebrate our colors, BLUE & GOLD!
Friday - Future vs. Past
Let’s take the Wolverines to another Galaxy, far, far away… who knows who you’ll encounter in space, maybe Zenon, ET, ewoks, planets, stars or even astronauts…
OR…Let’s throw it back to days gone by….beginning of time, the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s or 80’s …. you decide the decade.
Our Wolverine future is bright, but we cherish our Wolverine traditions from days gone by! #minutemen
- These are just suggestions; you can be creative and come up with other ideas, but please stick to the theme!
- Students who do not dress according to the theme of the day cannot just wear Spirit Day attire, but must wear their uniforms.
- For all dress-up days...if you are not dressed appropriately and modestly you will have to change into something else. Shirts/shorts/pants must be worn, no swimsuits, etc.
- Costumes may include knee length shorts or leggings under shorts. Absolutely NO short shorts or strapless dresses etc., no leggings or tights worn alone, must include shorts over them….
- And as always, for the entire week remember the too rule - not too tight, not too loose, not too long, and not too short!
2017 Homecoming Representatives:
Homecoming Representatives are chosen by the high school student body. Criteria for selection includes the “fruit” of the Spirit as listed in Galatians 5:22-23. Students are asked to consider: Do these students have a genuine walk with the Lord? Does their social media honor God? Are they striving to please Christ above all else? Are they involved in school activities, and do they proudly support all things Prince Avenue?
Representing the ninth grade are Olivia Shiver, Chas Scoggins. Sophomore representatives are Allie Carter and Hamilton Culpepper while the juniors elected are Lilly Renn and Mack Simmons. Senior representative girls include Annie Grace McElhannon, Hope Sheppard, Emma Taylor, Sara Thompson, and Emily Weaver. Senior representative boys include David Chittom, Matthew Colquitt, Brian Csuka, Harrison Jump, Daniel Parrish, and Luke Wells.
Mr. and Miss PACS will be voted on by the high school students. Mr. PACS will be announced at the Wolverine Growl, and Miss PACS will be announced during half-time of the Homecoming football game on Friday night.
Wolverine Pre-Growl Block Pizza Party and Wolverine Growl Family Pep Rally - Thursday, October 12
Pre-Growl Block Party: Everyone is invited from 6:00-6:45 pm for free pizza which will be served to our families in the Wolverine Pavilion.
Wolverine Growl Pep Rally: Everyone is invited to the Wolverine Gymnasium at 7:00 pm for our annual Homecoming pep rally. Students wear your homecoming t-shirts!
This is a great night for the entire family! No registration is required for these events.
Mr. and Miss PACS 2017
Congratulations to Daniel Parrish and Emma Taylor, Mr. and Miss PACS 2017.