January 31, 2017
Swim Team News
Two juniors, Matthew Colquitt and John Morgan McDonald, will represent Prince on Friday and Saturday at the GHSA State Swimming Meet at Georgia Tech. Congratulations on this achievement!
Congratulations to the Prince Avenue Swim Team members for their accomplishments at the Clarke-Oconee Area Championship. The meet included teams from Athens Academy, North Oconee, Oconee County, Cedar Shoals, and Clarke Central.
- 1st place 50 Free – John Morgan McDonald
- 1st place 100 Butterfly – John Morgan McDonald
- 2nd place 100 Freestyle – Matthew Colquitt
- 2nd place 100 Breaststroke William Johnson
- 2nd place 100 Backstroke Braelin Hagen
Overall MS Team – 2nd place to Prince MS
Congratulations to the Prince Avenue Swim Team members for their accomplishments at the Riverside Swim Meet on January 25. The meet included teams from Riverside, Buford, Mt. Pisgah, and Flowery Branch.
- Junior John Morgan McDonald broke Alex Dempsey’s school record set in 2009, qualified for the GHSA State Meet, and placed 1st in the 600 Free. John Morgan also placed 1st in the 50 Free.
- Freshman Maddy Wilson placed 2nd in the 100 Breaststroke.
- Sixth grader Olivia Warren placed 1st in both the 50 Butterfly and 100 IM.
- Sixth grader Evan Ivester placed 2nd in the 100 Free.
Congratulations to the Prince Avenue Swim Team members for their accomplishments at the Habersham Swim Meet on January 17.
- Matthew Colquitt – Qualified for State Meet in 100 yd Butterfly, 2nd in 100 Butterfly, 3rd in 50 Free
- Olivia Warren – 3rd in 100 IM and 2nd in 50 Fly
- Evan Ivester – 3rd in 50 Free
- William Johnson – 1st in 50 Breaststroke and 2nd in 100 Free
- Anna Hardwick – 3rd in 100 Free