Celebrating Diversity through God’s GRACE:
As a school community, Prince embraces the Biblical truth taught in Genesis 1:26-27 that all people are created in the image of Christ and that differences of gender, race, age, ability, culture, and economic status are part of what makes us unique and special as the Body of Christ. Diversity is a gift from God to be celebrated.
In celebrating diversity, Prince uses the acronym of GRACE:
G – Gender
“And God created man in his own image . . . male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27
R – Race
Race is a sociological grouping of people who have similar and distinct physical characteristics or shared ancestry.
A – Age & Ability
Life starts at conception, and age is the time from birth to death. (Psalm 139:13-14)
Ability is a person’s design, talents, and skills. Romans 12:3-8
C – Culture
Culture is the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.
E – Economic Status
All economic resources are from God, and Christians are responsible for stewardship of material wealth and possessions for the glory of God.
Prince Avenue Christian School seeks to create an environment that embraces diversity through God’s GRACE. As a school community, we will observe the following:
- National Hispanic Heritage Month– September 15th – October 15th
- National Native American Heritage Month – November
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – January
- Holocaust Remembrance Day – January
- Black History Month – February
- St. Patrick’s Day/Irish American Heritage Month – March
- Women’s History Month – March
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month – May