Prince Avenue Christian School seeks qualified candidates for teaching and non-teaching positions.
These candidates should have a Christian testimony that reflects a biblical standard consistent with the school’s mission statement and ends policy.
Prince Avenue Christian School (PACS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, birth gender, ethnic origin or age in its employment or admissions.
Prince Avenue Christian School is currently hiring for the following positions for the 2020-2021 school year:
Prince Avenue Christian School is currently accepting applications for a full time High School English Teacher position for the 2020-2021 school year.
The primary function of this position is to teach English to high school students, and to foster the students’ enthusiasm for English.
Work with High School Principal and Academic Dean to prepare course syllabus and curriculum.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver traditional classroom and online instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Develop a rapport with students that motivates and fosters enthusiasm
- Creatively integrate technology in the classroom to enhance teaching
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and school goals
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
All faculty and staff are expected to play an integral role in the spiritual lives of students. This includes integration of a Biblical worldview into their subject matter and lessons.
- A committed Christian who is active in an evangelical Church ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in an English related discipline is required
- High School teaching experience
- Strong interpersonal skills – exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of FACTS, and proficiency in Smartboard preferred.
- Opportunities for working with students in co-curricular activities are available and a willingness to work in these areas is desired but not required
- Coaching experience preferred
Prince Avenue Christian School is currently accepting applications for a position of Tutor in the ESS Center. This is a part time position. Schedule will be various hours five days a week, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
The primary function of this position is to tutor students primarily in high school mathematics. Ideal applicants will be well-versed in all subject areas in grades 6-8.
- Work with the ESS Director, and assist students who need additional instruction in academic classes.
- Schedule tutoring schedules for the students assigned at various times so that academic instructional time is not missed.
- Use best practices to tutor students in a manner that develop habits and skills for students to become independent learners.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures, and perform other duties as assigned.
All faculty and staff are expected to play a formative role in the spiritual lives of students. This includes integration of a biblical worldview into their subject matter and lessons.
- A committed Christian who is active in an evangelical church ministry.
- Bachelors or higher degree.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills – exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Title: Director of Finance
Direct Supervisor: Head of School
The Director of Finance is the chief financial officer for the school and serves as the principal advisor to the Head of School in all matters related to finance, budget, human resources, and family billing and payments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures including creation, monitoring, and reporting and the ability to implement sound budgeting processes across multiple departments.
- Ability to create flexible budgets based on multiple inputs and outcomes.
- Ability to perform budgetary/financial analysis on activities and programs to set pricing and reconcile results.
- Ability to prepare and present financial reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with QuickBooks budgets to send regular financial update reports.
- Ability to oversee FACTS Financial software for family billing and payments of tuition and incidenta
- Ability to assist customers with their FACTS accounts including payment plans, financial account links, transaction inquiry, and payments.
- Knowledge of overdue account aging and ability to maintain graduated collection practices on delinquent accounts.
- Ability to administer the school’s tuition discount policies through consistent application.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and both the modified cash and accrual methods of accounting
- Ability to maintain an organized chart of accounts and class listing to support both internal managerial and external financial reporting.
- Ability to use QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting including restricted gift acceptance and disbursement.
- Ability to analyze and make banking and investing recommendations for school funds.
- Knowledge of the formal external auditing process and ability to serve as the primary liaison to the school’s audit partner for both financial and tax reporting.
Human Resources and Payroll
- Knowledge of basic payroll mechanics including payroll taxes, withholdings, pay schedules, overtime calculations, FMLA, the Fair Labor Standards Act, etcetera.
- Ability to interpret and make recommendations for employee insurance benefit selections.
- Ability to oversee contract and position appointment documents for employees.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks concurrently, set priorities, and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and interpret applicable federal, state, and local laws and guidelines as they pertain to human resources and financial matters.
- Ability to motivate, lead, and supervise a small team of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing.
- Education: bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related business field required (master’s degree preferred).
- Work Experience: 5 years experience with accounting and budgeting.
- License / Certification: CPA or similar professional license is preferred.
Direct Supervision: Food Services Coordinator
Scope of Work: Less than 20 hours a week
The Food Services Worker is responsible for kitchen duties as assigned by the Food Services Coordinator. This includes food preparation, serving, cleanup and sanitation. This person must be caring, supportive, enthusiastic, hard-working, self-motivated and team focused. The Food Services worker’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains sanitation in kitchen and dining facilities to maintain compliance with health and safety codes
- Observes and maintains procedures and protocols for daily operation of kitchen and dining facilities
- Hands-on involvement in the preparation of all meals making sure that the food quality, presentation and dining room cleanliness is always high priority
- Serves food on the line
- Orients student aids and volunteers to kitchen duties, advocating creativeness and customer service
- Ensures a clean and sanitary working environment
- Performs duties as assigned by the Food Services Coordinator
- A committed Christian who is active in an evangelical Church ministry
School Bus Drivers
Duties may include driving field trips and athletic events and possibly a pickup or drop off route. Applicant must have a CDL license with P and S endorsements. Contact Lee Robinson at email@example.com or 678-753-3155.