Prince Avenue Christian School offers quality Before and After School Programs. This program allows PACS families to choose the option that best meets their needs.
After School Program
PACS contracts with the Athens YWCO in the operation of the After School program. The YWCO is a non-profit community agency based on Christian values whose mission is promoting healthy lifestyles. The YWCO’s objective is to offer programs that increase self-confidence, build character, develop physical fitness and encourage academic development. With programs that also serve four other schools in Oconee County, the YWCO is honored and excited to also serve the students and families at Prince Avenue in 2019-2020.
- The program is available for students Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- There are daily rates available as well as monthly plans. Charges are included on the family’s monthly financial statement through FACTS.
- All programs are offered Monday through Friday when school is in session.
Morning Routine (Adjusted for COVID-19)
- To reduce students congregating in large groups, once a student enters the building, they will report directly to their first period class and be seated.
- High and middle school teachers not outside at carline duty will be stationed throughout the school to immediately direct students to their first period classrooms. The use of high school and middle school lockers will be restricted or temporarily suspended.
- Breakfast is temporarily suspended for the first thirty days of school, after which we will reevaluate this decision
Extended Day Program
Students enrolled in the PACS Pre-K Program are allowed to remain at school from 12:00 (the end of the Pre-K day) until 3:10 (the end of dismissal for lower school) if they are at least five years old. Students participating in this program should bring lunch from home each day.
To allow families more flexibility, PACS is offering a weekly pricing plan for our before, extended day (pre-k only), and after-school programs (Kindergarten through 8th grade only). With this change, families are no longer required to commit to a particular level of attendance. Instead, a tiered pricing structure will be charged based on a student’s attendance each week. Our goal is to encourage program participation by allowing families to pay for services only as they are utilized. The monthly billing option has been discontinued.
Attendance charges will be calculated based on a Monday – Friday week. These charges will be posted to a family’s FACTS account on a weekly basis using the following rates:
|wdt_ID||Days||Before School (7 AM – 7:45 AM)||After School Pick-up (by 4:30 PM)||After School Pick-up (by 6 PM)||Extended Day (12 PM – 3 PM)|
|1||1 Day / Week||6||19||29||19|
|2||2 Days / Week||12||20||40||38|
|3||3 Days / Week||15||27||55||52|
|4||4 Days / Week||18||34||65||62|
|5||5 Days / Week||20||40||72||70|
Late pick-up charges are $10 for every quarter-hour beyond 6:00 pm.
Students remaining at PACS for the afterschool program on early dismissal days should bring their own lunch as the cafeteria is closed.