March 7, 2022
Oconee County Little League Scholarship
Presented by Oconee County Little League
Application for Scholarship
The Oconee County Little League shall recognize and award to an outstanding senior(s) who has the love of the game of baseball/softball, a scholarship toward educational cost at an accredited college, university, or technical school. The award will be paid to the college or university. There will be up to five (5) scholarships awarded.
Oconee County Little League would like to recognize 5 seniors within our county (OCHS, NOHS, Athens Academy, Prince Avenue Christian School, and Westminster Christian School). The scholarships will be broken down in the following way: Grand prize winner will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 and the four (4) runners up will receive a scholarship in the amount of $500.00.
All high school seniors that have participated as a player or volunteer in Oconee County Little League for at least three years, at any level are eligible to receive this scholarship. Any student having received a full four-year scholarship is not eligible.
The Scholarship Committee will judge all applications based on five criteria areas.
Please carefully complete:
1. Application Form- All information on the Application Form is required.
2. Criteria Statement- The applicant must submit a typed essay, with a minimum of 500 words and not to exceed two typed pages, explaining how being part of a team helped you and will continue to help you reach your future goals and aspirations
3. Resume: The applicant must submit a typed resume, which should include the applicant’s academic accomplishments and awards, extracurricular activities (sports, clubs, etc.), and community service experience.
4. References – The applicant must have the recommendation form completed by two teachers, either current or former, using this link: https://forms.gle/x1Rt4gvA86n8BmmbA
5. Proof of Participation – The application must provide proof of his/her three years of participation in Oconee County Little League. All registration information, both current and former, is available at oconeelittleleague.com in the parent/guardian account. If the parent/guardian has difficulty accessing this information, please have them request assistance by emailing Heather Rogers, OCLL Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: April 15, 2022
***NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY REASON AFTER April 15, 2022. TO VERIFY RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION, SEND AN INQUIRY TO INFO@OCONEELITTLELEAGUE.COM
The full application and links to the teacher recommendation form can be found here: https://www.oconeelittleleague.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1090993arrow_backReturn