January 16, 2020
Are you interested in West Point?
West Point could prove to be the most exiting experience in your life and open incredible opportunities for your future!
The Academy provides a fully funded college education with a wide selection of majors, unbelievable training opportunities and funded internships.
If you are interested in/curious about the West Point Opportunity, I encourage you review the West Point Admissions Site at https://www.westpoint.edu and open an application file mid January of your Junior Year at https://www.westpoint.edu/admissions/apply-now.
- If just curious, you may develop a passion for West Point, or decide that this path is not for you; in both cases you will be so much stronger and prepared to follow either path.
- In either case, me at mailto:email@example.com.
The Application Process;
- The Process starts early and is very challenging.
- The templet for success in the application process, and life, is at attached CLASS PROFILE.
- In mid-January West Point will open the application portal at https://www.westpoint.edu/admissions/apply-now.
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS TIMELINE Attached.
- Provide as much information as possible on SATS, ACTS, Extracurricular Activities, Athletic Accomplishments.
- Once open apply for West Point Summer Leadership Experience.
- Complete Army Athletic Questionnaire at https://goarmywestpoint.com/sports/2015/3/6/GEN_201401012.aspx, if you believe you are competitive at Collegiate Level.
- Contact me, your Field Force Member, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. I will assist/guide you in this process.
- Contact you local American Legion for Boys State or American Legions Auxiliary for Girls State. I say a must.
- Start Preparing for the Candidate Fitness Assessment; tougher than it looks.
- Take SAT/ACT prep and start taking each as soon/often as possible.
- West Point supper scores and every point counts.
- Focus on academics as end of Junior Year Transcripts are the ones sent of West Point end of Junior Year.
- Focus to leadership positions in sports, band, clubs, other extracurricular actives and everything you do.
- Apply for all Nominations; 2 Senator, 1 Representative, Vice President and Service Related (fi applicable).
Call or email me if you have any questions.
Thank you so much.
Ed Postell, LTC (Ret) USMA ‘71
Army West Point Field Force