August 24, 2020
Military Service Academy Day
If you are interested in understanding the Nomination Process for the five Military Academies… this is for you! Academy Day will be an in-person day at Georgia Military College and a Livestream Service Academy Day (for those not able to attend.)
- “The event, designed to familiarize students with the application and nomination process for the nation’s five military service academies, will take place on the campus of Georgia Military College. Doors will open at 9:45 a.m. for an informational program beginning at 10:00 a.m. All attendees – including parents or guardians, teachers, students, and siblings – must pre-register by emailing GA10Noms@mail.house.gov by Tuesday, August 25th. For more information, visit Congressman Hice’s website.”
- Appropriate safety measures are in place for all that attend.
- Upon entry, guests will be provided a temperature checks, hand sanitizer, masks, programs, and will be escorted to their seat. Every other row will be marked off and family units will be seated several seats apart from other family groups. Instead of passing out pens and question cards or passing around a mic, students will be able to text their questions for the panel.
Order of Events
- 9:45 am Doors open to the public (Goldstein Art Center entrance)
- 10:00 am ROTC cadet makes Pledge of Allegiance
- 10:05 am Opening Remarks: LTG William Caldwell (welcome crowd to GMC)
- 10:10 am Opening Remarks: Congressman Jody Hice
- 10:15 am Five-Pointed Star Video
- 10:20 am Nomination 101: Jessica Hayes
- 10:30 am Academies Panel/Q&A
- 10:50 am GMC Cadet Program Presentation (COL Pitt)
- 11:00 am Program ends (Academy reps speak with students at their tables)
- 12:00 pm Event ends
Thank you so much.
Ed Postell, LTC (Ret) USMA ‘71
Army West Point Field Force